Monday, March 29, 2010

You ARE What You Eat.

I love this show! It's on BBC America. First and foremost, I love their British accents. I LOVE that they have funny names for things. Lol. They call cookies bisquits, fries chips, and chips are crisps. They are just so funny to listen to. Then today, the host of the show, Gillian McKeith, was talking to this guy who smoked and she said "You have to give up the fags!!" and I couldnt help but laugh like I'm in 6th grade. It's not a nice word, but it was funny at the time, OK? Shoot me. Anyway, on every episode of this show, they put on a table everything this person eats in a single week. It's DISGUSTING! I want to do it to myself one day, it would give me a good reality check. This was one of the tables, but not really one of the shocking ones that I've seen...


Keep in mind that's probably only about half the table they're showing there. It's crazy. Look at all that coffee! And soda! Holy crap. Lay off the coffee and get some sleep! It's good to be tired sometimes, cuz then you actually go home and pass out at a decent time!

I was on their website earlier and I took the quiz "How healthy are you?" There was a question that tripped me up. It said "Do you avoid sugar and foods and drinks containing sugar?" That's when I wished there was a 'sometimes' option. Travis and I decided to swear off soda, which was a really good thing. Besides soda, I usually never drank anything but water and milk. BUT there's my sugary cereal addiction. I am constantly trying to avoid food with lots of sugar in it, but if we want to talk about how many times I actually succeed in avoiding it, that's another story. I do think I do a good job, but I could definitely do a lot better! Gillian said on the show today that if you are craving a sugary snack, you should have a sweet potato and that reduces your sugar cravings. Nice tip, thanks Gillian! (Too bad it takes about an hour to bake a sweet potato. Hmph.)

1 comment:

  1. Jessie- Thanks for the comment on my blog. You definitely made me think about it. I feel like I am eating energy rich foods but I will now evaluate that. Thanks for the advice!

    ReplyDelete