Wednesday, July 13, 2011

I love food!



I keep putting off posting on this blog because I planned to do a Ragnar post. I wanted to post pictures and tell everyone all about Ragnar and why they should do it. I haven't been able to get the pictures off my camera. I don't know where the cord is and I can't find my memory card converter. Oh, my life is so hard! Lol. It's really not. I just haven't made it to Wally World for a new converter. So.....let me just tell you that ragnar was AMAZING! I shouldn't have been scared at all. So silly. So the most I had ran before Ragnar was probably 6.5 miles. My three legs for Ragnar were 3.4m, 7m, and 6m. My first run was hard because it was super hot. The second wasn't too bad, but super long! It was in the dark so I had a head lamp on and just jammed out to my music. The moon looked amazing that night, so that made it more enjoyable. I have a funny confession. My favorite song that came on while I was doing my night run was Don't Take it Personal by Monica. It's an old song but I was seriously lovin it. You need to YouTube it. My third run was the next morning at about 9am after having about 45 minutes of sleep. I think that's what made this one so hard. It got pretty hot towards the end of it too. I made it though and I cried a little when I finished. I felt so good about what I had accomplished plus I was exhausted so I got a little emotional. The girls who were in my van were just so much fun. We dressed up like Snooki from the Jersey Shore. The first day, we all had Snooki 'poofs'. Lol it was hilarious. It was so cool to see how everything worked out. I think hearing about how it would all work was just a little overwhelming so I didn't really understand the logistics of it all. The worst part was not sleeping, the second worst part was that our SUV was so packed with everyone's shiz that there wasn't much room at all to try and nap. There was much more to it than I have time to write about but pretty much it was amazing and I hope to be able to do it again next year. It is already sold out but I'm hoping that someone will need a runner for their team before then. My best friend Katie and I are also planning to do our first half marathon in Texas in March. Yikes!!


It may be sad, but one of the things I'm most excited about in life right now is food. I don't have any on-campus classes this semester, only online ones, so I have had a little more time to try out recipes. One of my new favorite bloggers is The Peanut Butter Runner. She loves food too and has tons of recipes that I am totally digging so far. She also blogs about fitness. I tried her Incredulada Enchiladas two weeks ago...











They were soooooo good! I had never made enchiladas before. I wasn't ever the biggest fan of them. But these were mmm mmm good! I got ingredients two nights ago to make Bacon Ranch Potato Salad and Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Bars. I'm so excited! I will have to post pics and let you know how they turned out. Oh, one more recipe from her site...Yesterday I tried, for my first time, The Green Monster. I love it! You can't taste the spinach, and it is so good for you!







I have been looking for a long time now for something I could have in the morning besides oatmeal or Cheerios that would give me energy and keep me full for more than an hour. I finally found something to help mix it up! I was getting so sick of my everyday breakfast. Blah. Green Monster, try it! Thanks so much for introducing me to this great blogger, Katie!


I'm always careful what I eat the morning before a run. I can always tell if I ate something I shouldn't have (candy, a donut, etc.) while I'm running. I am running today on my lunch break and I'm totally pumped about it. This morning I had a Green Monster, an apple, and just now I ate the awesome pre-run snack...





Avocado, cheese, and some Kashi crackers. One of my favorite running snacks. I always also have a banana and peanut butter about an hour and 15 minutes before my run. This is only my second run in the past three weeks. I have been slacking since Ragnar!! It's hard because my next race isn't until September (The Dirty Dash) so I feel like I can slack off on running, but I shouldn't!!! Anywho, I will try to get some Ragnar pictures up soon! I hope my post didn't make anyone too hungry! =P

No comments:

Post a Comment