Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Back on the band wagon....sort of

I am back to running after running Ragnar. Yay!! My ultimate goal is to get back to running every M W F but lately I have been doing M W and pooping out by Friday. I have been doing 4 miles in 37 minutes. 9 minute miles. Hey, I'll take it. It feels good to see this on the treadmill when I'm done running...
I might be a wuss but running outside is a no-go for me right now. It is just way too hot. I'm hoping it will cool down by the end of August but it seems like we are having longer winters and longer summers the past couple years, so who knows when it will start cooling down. I'm not complaining though, I have been thoroughly enjoying my time at the pool, the lake, and the golf course. I have been swimming laps at my chiro's request. I have tense muscles between my neck and shoulder and he says swimming will help loosen those muscles. This weekend I am going to the lake with my family to soak up the sun.
As far as running goals go right now, I have another mud run in September that I'm hoping I can find someone to do it with me. It was so much fun last year! Here is our team picture from the finish line last year...We were disgustingly muddy. i love it! Running 6 miles through swamps with mud squishing around in your shoes is quite the experience. The next running goal is a half marathon. My friend Katie and I want to meet up in TX to run a half next spring. I am way excited and I hope it happens!!
I'm going to say it.......once you say something it officially makes it a challenge you take on with yourself. Here it goes........I want to do a mini triathlon. I remember being nervous to say i was thinking about Ragnar. Now I'm nervous to say I'm thinking about a mini tri. This will be especially difficult because it takes some intense training. You not only have to train in the three areas of running, swimming, and biking but you have to train the transitions from one to the other. I have heard that's the hard part. When you are biking intensely, your muscles are so focused and working so hard then all of the sudden you want them to run and use different muscles and they are sitting there going "WTF??" Then throw in the swimming. I do need a bike first but I think I can just borrow one from someone. A mini tri isn't all that long so you don't HAVE to have a bike that fits you perfectly. I might just borrow my mom's mountain bike for it. Anyways, I am busy with work and summer school right now and adding 11 credits for school in the fall so I think it will be a while until I have time to train for it. It's definitely something I have been thinking about a lot though. Ok, well wish me luck on my run today! TTYL! =D

No comments:

Post a Comment