Monday, May 17, 2010

What a Weekend!

I went with my hiking group on Saturday. We did a long hike up Big Beacon behind the U. It was my first real hike of the year and it was rough! It took us almost 4 hours to get up and back down. My feet were hurting so bad and my legs were shaking by the time we got back to the bottom. My calves and butt are sore. I love the feeling of having sore muscles though! I know that I made progress when my muscles are sore. If anyone wants to get on the invite list for the hikes, just let me know and I will pass your email address on to Kurt, our hiking leader. We go every Thursday at 5:15 pm and are always going to a different place. They also do a couple big of out of town hikes, which I didn't get to do last year but am looking forward to this year. Hiking is such great exercise and you see so many pretty things along the way!

I fell off the exercise bandwagon last week. It was my birthday and I didn't get much exercise in at all. My plans this week are to go running tomorrow at lunch with my work friend Metta, then Pilates on Wednesday and possible a Body Pump class with Monica and Sara on Saturday morning at 8am (if I can wake up early enough for it!) Gotta get moving again after taking almost a whole week off!





No comments:

Post a Comment